Here’s some safety tips we ask our tenants to follow.
- Grills, barbecues and similar devices are not to be used indoors or in a confined area. The process of combustion or burning gives off carbon monoxide, which can reach toxic levels in an enclose space
- The placement of grills, barbecues and similar devices are required to be placed at ground level on a stable or solid surface and 10 feet or more from combustible building construction or combustible balconies.
- Grills, barbecues and similar devices must always be attended. Children and pets should be kept away from cooking areas to prevent burns and mishaps.
- Start grills, barbecues and similar devices only with charcoal lighter fluid or as recommended by the open-flame device manufacturer. Never add charcoal lighter fluid to any open flame or embers.
- Charcoal ashes should be thoroughly wetted and soaked before disposing. Ashes should be placed in a non-combustible (metal) container for disposal. The noncombustible container should be placed away from combustible construction and on a non-combustible surface or ground.
- Storage of fuel materials for grills, barbecues or similar devices (charcoal, liquid-fuel or liquefied petroleum gas (LP gas) should be placed away from heat sources in a well ventilated area.
Referral : https://www.gwinnettcounty.com/static/departments/fire_emergency